Friday 5 October 2018

Giraffes can’t dance, but we can!

This week Reception have enjoyed reading 'Giraffes Can't Dance'. We have been reflecting on our own skills and talents, thinking about what we are really good at doing.

We have lots of very talented and creative children in Reception this year, making all sorts of props to support their play!

Miraz: I can draw dresses!
Alex: I can paint giraffes!


Rosie: I can make play-dough!


We have been working as groups to make resources to support our play. We have been listening attentively so that we can follow the instructions and make yellow giraffe play-dough. We were really good at taking turns to stir, mix and knead our play-dough.

We made our  own dancing giraffes, practicing group work and appreciating teamwork! We worked our fingers really hard, scrunching up all the tissue paper to stick down on our giraffe frames!



This week we have been mastering new challenges, adding more skills to the list of things that we can do.

Charleigh: I can butter my own crackers!
Callum: I can do my perfect pencil grip!
Abdulkarim: I can cut out my animals!
Dominic: I can sharpen my pencils. If you try, try, try, you can, can, can!



1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos! Such special children! Thanks to the teachers for all their skills and care for them all. 🤗🤗🤗

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.