Tuesday 8 November 2016

Diwali Day in Reception!

Wow, what an amazing Friday afternoon in Reception..... We had great fun exploring Diwali last week. The children heard all about Rama and Sita and enjoyed Diwali themed activities. On Friday afternoon we rearranged the classrooms and got ready for an afternoon of Diwali experiences. The children thoroughly enjoyed food tasting, diva lamp making and dancing. 

The children got to develop their fine motor skills and got a little messy whilst making their own diva lamps from clay. Tiffany said "I want to light my candle with Mummy".


Everyone learnt  some new dance moves and they loved showing each other their best dance steps. "This songs my favourite, look at me spin around" said Daisy as she showed off her moves. 


After all this activity it was time for some refreshments and some Indian food tasting. The poppadoms were a big hit! "I have these poppadoms at my nanny and granddad's house, they are delicious" said Sophia as she reached for more!

There were also lots of discussions about celebrations.
"I celebrate Diwali. I'm a Hindu" said Aarna as she was eating a vegetable samosa.
"I don't celebrate Diwali. I celebrate birthdays and Easter. I also celebrate Christmas" replied Laura.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.