Wednesday 6 March 2019

A Windy Week!


This week Reception children have been enjoying the wind and discussing the effects of weather on our surroundings. The children have enjoyed experimenting with different resources and observing how weather can cause change. 

Karimah: "It's spinning faster because of the wind!"
Lillie: "The wind is making my hair go in my mouth!"


Jake: "I think it's going to rain. I need my coat!"
Eric: "It is too hot for my coat."

With  fluctuating weather conditions, it is important to discuss appropriate clothing with the children so that they learn to self-regulate their body temperature and to be mindful of what they should wear outdoors. We have been looking at the effects of weather, exercise and temperature on our bodies, discussing how we should look after ourselves.


Francesca: "I'm all hot now from all this hula-hooping."
Alex: "I need to take my coat off."


Callum: "We made a car!"
Vanessa: "It's got no roof!"
Scarlett: "Because it's hot!"

Last week it was warm enough to not wear our coats during our outdoor play, but with the return of the wind and rain we need to keep bringing them in to school!

There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothes! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.