Friday 23 October 2020

Blue Penguin Fun in Reception!


Blue Penguin Fun in Reception!

This week in Reception, as part of our Topic, we have been reading the story 'Blue Penguin.'  The children enjoyed learning about where penguins live and comparing the differences between where and how we live. They loved getting creative making their own penguins. They worked on their cutting and sticking skills to create their own blue penguins. They also used playdough to mould and shape their penguins.  They worked hard to sound out and write words to describe different animals.  The children also enjoyed taking part in a Science experiment. We had three bowls with either hot, warm or cold water. The children discussed which bowl the ice would melt in the quickest and why. To celebrate learning all about 'Blue Penguin' this week the children also took part in penguin dances and enjoyed learning the movements together.



Lily: "Ice is water."

Sonny: "This is my blue penguin."

Cruz: "The ice will melt in the water."

Bruno: "I used playdough to make my penguin."



Lucas: "B b b...blue! This is the sound for blue."

Tesha: "I enjoyed making my penguin."

Amaira: "I like this story."

Bella: "I made a penguin."



Henry: “The hot water one will melt fast.”

Alana: “I like the owl, how do you write owl. Owls live in trees.”






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.