Tuesday 15 December 2020

Reception: Bedtime for Monsters

                                               

Bedtime for Monsters.

This week in Reception we have been reading the story, Bedtime for Monsters, in our topic sessions. In the story, the monster travels through different habitats (swamps, snowy mountains and urban areas). We have been learning about these different habitats and the animals which live in them. The children enjoyed making monster feet in the creative areas too! Using their phonic knowledge, the children have been reading simple sentences about monsters. After they were able to write their own descriptive sentences using the ‘red’ words, he and she. 

Red words are what we call words which are tricky and can’t be read using Fred talk. This week we have sent some red words home for the children, they are common irregular words that the children will learn to read on sight.


Billy: He is green.

Adarsh: I am red.

George: I can sit.


Jorgie: I can run.

Bruno: My monster is smelly.

Mya: My monster is green. 



Joseph: My monster has stripes.

Amaira: My monster has funny eyes.

Bella: Look, I wrote my monster is pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.