Friday 10 June 2022

Nursery: w/b 6th June 2022 - Our learning this week

Learning Theme: Pirates!

This blog shows some highlights from this week including:

  • Book of the week

  • Nursery Rhyme of the 

  • Learning Through Play

  • 2 year old Focus

  • Preparing for Reception

  • Key Information

Book of the week

The children have enjoyed a selection of stories linked to Pirates including this fiction book:

Pirates Love Underpants by Claire Freedman and Ben Cort.

Here is a YouTube video of the story should you may wish to watch.

Nursery rhyme of the week

This week the children learnt the pirate themed song, ‘When I was One’; here are the words:


When I was ONE I sucked my thumb,

The day I went to sea.

I jumped aboard a pirate ship,

And the captain said to me -


We're going this way, that way,

Forwards and backwards,

Over the Irish Sea,

We're going this way, that way,

Forwards and backwards,

That's the life for me!


When I was TWO I buckled my shoe,

The day I went to sea.

I jumped aboard a pirate ship,

And the captain said to me -


We're going this way, that way,

Forwards and backwards,

Over the Irish Sea,

We're going this way, that way,

Forwards and backwards,

That's the life for me!


When I was THREE I bashed my knee,

The day I went to sea.

I jumped aboard a pirate ship,

And the captain said to me -


We're going this way, that way,

Forwards and backwards,

Over the Irish Sea,

We're going this way, that way,

Forwards and backwards,

That's the life for me!


When I was FOUR I knocked on the door,

The day I went to sea.

I jumped aboard a pirate ship,

And the captain said to me -


We're going this way, that way,

Forwards and backwards,

Over the Irish Sea,

We're going this way, that way,

Forwards and backwards,

That's the life for me!


When I was FIVE I learnt to dive,

The day I went to sea.

I jumped aboard a pirate ship,

And the captain said to me -


We're going this way, that way,

Forwards and backwards,

Over the Irish Sea,

We're going this way, that way,

Forwards and backwards,

That's the life for me!


Learning Through Play

This week’s learning has involved:

  • Den Building

  • Cutting practice using pirate eye patches

  • Role playing a royal tea party

  • Showing independence with getting shoes and socks on and off

  • Playing in the paddle area

  • Turn taking with the bikes (without prompting)



2 year old focus

Book of the week: The Pirate Next door (and more pirate themed books)

Learning through Play:

  • Playing with the dressing up clothes demonstrating that they can be independent in dressing and undressing.

  • Completing the alphabet puzzle and starting to identify the initial letter in their name


Preparing for Reception

Each week we will include a tip to help prepare your child for reception; although it seems a long way off the summer term will shortly pass and September will be here before we know it!

Tip of the week:

This week the tip is to support your child to write their name with a capital letter to start with and lower case for the rest of the name. The aim is for them to be able to write most or all of their name with mostly correct formation before reception. In nursery, we allow the child to write it independently and then focus on one letter at a time using a highlighter pen to model formation and then for them to go over. At home, it might be an idea to put their name with the correct formation on their bedroom door, coat peg and other areas or things that belong to them so that they are regularly seeing it written.

Focus child Meetings

Each week children will be chosen to be observed by their keyworker. Emails will be sent home to inform parents of the upcoming parent meeting taking place the following week, either in person or via telephone. Parents will have an opportunity to complete a form asking questions and sharing concerns they may have for the key worker to answer during the parent meeting. This form will be sent via email. Please check your emails weekly for school communications and evidence me parents share from your children's teachers. Parents are welcome to upload pictures and videos of their children at home. 


Key Information

  • Please LABEL  all your children's belongings, including both shoes and wellington boots. 

  • When the weather is forecast to be hot and sunny please provide a named hat for your child and dress them in summer appropriate clothing.

  • Please ensure your child has high factor water suncream on before attending school.


Reminder: Strictly no nuts or foods with nuts in packed lunches.

Important dates:

INSET Days & holiday dates- Nursery closed to children:

  • Bring a clean and empty tub (ie butter pot/ cheese spread pot) for your child to make a boat with.

  • Pirate Dress Up Day- 22nd June

  • Last day of term - 21st July 2022

  • Summer Holidays- 22nd July- 31st August 2022

  • School Reopens- 1st September 2022


If you have any questions please contact nursery@broadford.havering.sch.uk or for more urgent messages speak to a member of staff or contact the school office: 01708 342880 or office@broadford.havering.sch.uk


Kind regards,


The Nursery Team

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.