Friday 21 January 2022

Nursery: 21st January 2022

 Learning Theme: The tiger who came to tea


This blog shows some highlights from this week including:

  • Our focus learning

  • Book of the week

  • Key Information

  • Bedtime story scheme



Funny moment of the week….


“Look at me!  I look like Miss St Louis, I have a baby in my belly ” said Anika as both her and Alexandra played with the dolls.



Book of the week

Please click the link below if you wish to listen to the story at home with your child.

The tiger who came to tea read by Mrs Ellender


Our topic focused learning

This week the children have been role playing the tiger who came to tea in order to develop their recall, sequencing and vocabulary skills. We all had lots of fun watching the role play, sharing our ideas and laughing as Mrs Light pretended to be the tiger.


Knock knock! Who is at the door?

A tiger came to tea with Elyssa and Mrs Ngenge

Oh no, the tiger at all the buns on the plate!

Oh dear, the tiger drank all the tea in the pot

The tiger finished eating and drinking everything in the house

The tiger saying goodbye and leaving the classroom

Daddy Zhayn having an idea to go to the cafe for tea

The family eating sausage and chips at the cafe.



This weeks learning

The children have had lots of fun this week practicing their determination, resilience and having a go as they played on balance bikes, created tiger faces using shapes and crafts, created patterns using magnetic shapes and blocks and maneuvered around the outdoor obstacle course. What an exciting week



Classroom helpers


This week our year 6 digital helpers have been busy teaching us how to use the computers and ipads. They spent time patiently helping the children navigate the apps to play games, showing them how they work.

A big thank you to all our year 6 helpers who support the children each week


Nursery rhyme of the week

This week the children have been practicing the nursery rhyme makaton signing song:

Say hello to the sun

Say hello to the sun

Shining down on me

I love the sun because the sun warms me

Say hello to the the moon

Beaming down on me

I love the moon because the moon guides

Say hello to the corn

Growing strong for me

I love the corn because the corn feeds me

Say hello to the stars

Shining down on me

I love the stars because the stars see me

Say hello to the rain

Falling down on me

I love the rain because the rain cools me

Say hello to the flowers

Bright colours for me

I love the flowers because they gladden me

Say hello to my friends

Playing games with me

I love my friends because my friends love me



Bedtime story Scheme


From Friday 21st January 2022 all children will receive books for you to read with them at home. Early reading ignites creativity, sparks curiosity, and stimulates the imagination in young children. Sharing books, stories and rhymes develops skills to support the transition to school.

Books will be sent home every FRIDAY.

Please return all books by WEDNESDAY.

Unfortunately books which are lost or damaged will need to be paid for.

PLEASE RETURN THE BOOKS EACH WEEK. 

All books will need to be returned in the last week of each term.


Covid-19 

If your child displays coronavirus symptoms including a cough or temperature they will need to follow government test and isolation policies, including track and trace. Please inform the school office as soon as possible if you or your child displays symptoms or tests positive for covid.

Please do not send them into the nursery or on school grounds to prevent further spread of the virus until you have followed government guidance.

Thank you for your continued support with: keeping the staff and children safe, nursery open and the children in education.


Computing Parent Survey

​As part of the computing curriculum, we would like to capture parent and carer responses to the use of technology in the home. Please click the link below to complete the survey by Friday 21st January. We really appreciate your help and support.

Computing Parent Survey



Key Information

Please LABEL  all your children's belongings, including both shoes. Please do not send your child in with a school bag as we have very limited space and all spare clothing should be stored in the nursery. Please do not send your child in with water bottles as we have cups stored in the nursery. Most importantly please do not allow children to bring toys from home into the nursery as they may get lost, cause conflict with other children or become a dangerous hazard. All resources in the nursery are risk assessed and age appropriate to maintain the children's safety.



Important dates:

INSET Days & holiday dates- Nursery closed to children:

  • Half- term holidays- 14th to 18th February 2022

  • INSET day- 21st February 2022

  • End of term (Easter break) - 04th to 18th April 2022

  • Bank holiday- 02nd May 2022

  • Half- term holidays - 30th to 3rd June 2022

  • INSET day- 6th June 2022

  • Last day of term - 22nd July 2022



If you have any questions please contact nursery@broadford.havering.sch.uk or for more urgent messages speak to a member of staff or contact the school office: 01708 342880 or office@broadford.havering.sch.uk


Kind regards,


The Nursery Team


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.