Friday 11 June 2021

Tadpole's Promise - A tad-tastic week of learning!

 

Tadpole’s Promise



We have had a lovely first week back in Reception exploring the story 'Tadpole's Promise'. We have listened to the story a couple of times over the week and have really enjoyed listening to it. The children have enjoyed exploring about the life cycle of a frog.  We pretended to be the tadpole and thought about what we might like to say to the Caterpillar and then used our phonic skills to record our thoughts down in a speech bubble.  We have used the 2paint ICT program on the computers to draw butterflies, frogs and tadpoles. We looked at the similarities and differences of a range of animals and then worked with our talk partners to discuss our opinions and views, we then recorded it.  We have learnt what an adjective is and how we use adjectives to describe things. We thought of some great describing words to describe a range of animals. The children came up with some fantastic words!  We have had frogs in our water trays and mini beasts in our sand to hunt and find.  We have some leaf threading in our finger gym area. 


We have been blessed with some lovely weather this week and have spent lots of time outside, enjoying our lovey outdoor learning space. 

Please remember sun hats, water bottles and sun cream on sunny days.


 







Anya: "I love you. You are my friend."
Joseph: "The tadpole likes the caterpillar, they are friends."
Amaira: "I love you because you love me"



Pico: "Lets go see the dinosaurs"

Tesha: "I love you my friend, you are my shiny jewel. I like you most than anyone."

Ayla:  "The tadpole said 'I love you with all my heart'."




    Toni: "I like the tadpole story"

Jessica: "Look I made a frog"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.